Dates: July 31, August 1, 2, 2018
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Devens Common Center
31 Andrews Parkway
A three-day program designed for Massachusetts school nutrition professionals to strengthen their knowledge of school nutrition program requirements. Education specialists from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office for Food and Nutrition Programs will provide essential training on meal benefit issuance, resource management and food service operations.
Click here to Register by July 17, 2018
Cost: $40 per day or $100 for all three days
includes continental breakfast and lunch
July 31 - Meal Benefit Issuance
- Application Renewal
- Direct Certification Process
- Meal Benefit Application Process
- Verification Process — Direct Verification & Paper Process
August 1 - Resource Management
- Meal Counting and Claiming
- Financial Procedures, Reports and Recordkeeping
- Maximizing your USDA Foods Entitlement
August 2 - Food Service Operations Agenda
- School Lunch Meal Pattern
- Using Grains in School Nutrition Programs
- Special Dietary Needs
- School Breakfast Meal Pattern
Registration and Continental Breakfast begin at 7:30 am.
For more information, click here to see the full agendas.
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, in cooperation with the John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition and the School Nutrition Association of Massachusetts.